MedSpa located in Benbrook, Fort Worth, TX
What is Semaglutide?
Semaglutide is the active ingredient in Ozempic®, Wegovy®, & Rybelsus®—FDA-approved insulin management drugs whose side effects include weight loss of up to 30%. Forever29 now prescribes compounded semaglutide at a lower cost.
How Much Does Semaglutide Cost?
Brand-name semaglutide medications such as Ozempic can cost $1,000 or more per month. At Forever29 we offer generic semaglutide for $350 - 425 per month as part of our weight loss membership.
How Does Semaglutide Work?
Semaglutide mimics a hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), which targets the area of the brain that regulates appetite. Semaglutide is a powerful appetite suppressant that also works by increasing the production of insulin, smf inhibits the production of glucagon, a hormone that increases blood sugar.
Semaglutide Mechanism of Action:
- Delays the emptying of the stomach, leading to a feeling of fullness
- Slows the contraction of muscles that propel food in the gastrointestinal tract
- Lowers blood sugars
- Stimulates the secretion of insulin by the pancreas
Besides weight loss, you may have some side effects from semaglutide, such as nausea, which can be managed by adjusting the dosage.
Who Should Not Take Semaglutide?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- diabetic retinopathy, a type of damage to the eye from diabetes
- low blood sugar
- disease of the gallbladder
- acute inflammation of the pancreas
- decreased kidney function
- medullary thyroid cancer
- multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2
- family history of medullary thyroid carcinoma
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
How Do I Take Semaglutide?
Month 1: -Sig: Inject 0.25mL (25units) SubQ once weekly x4 weeks
Month 2: - Sig: Inject 0.5mL (50units) SubQ once weekly x4 wks
Month 3: -Sig: Inject 1.0mL (100 units) SubQ once weekly x4 weeks
Due to the Dosage being Concentrated, Titrating Up to maximum dosage is based on Tolerance of Side effects and is guided by your medical provider.
How Can I Get Started?
Contact Our Offices at 817-904-9558 to schedule a consultation.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation